Friday, August 24, 2012

Abroad in Costa Rica

     It's been almost three weeks since my last posting, so I suppose I have a bit of catching up to do before I go any further. I am now in San José, Costa Rica, where I will be studying and living until Mid-December. I feel truly blessed to have the opportunity to take this journey. One of my friends recently said it's the "experience of a lifetime", and I could not agree more.

     What has made this journey so far is the people I have met. From the other students in the program to the family who has graciously let me enter their home and their lives for the next four months, I have encountered an abundance of kindness thus far. When I deplaned in San José, I did not know a soul. Yet after just three four days, I feel much more comfortable with my surroundings. It is just evidence that we encounter Christ through the charity of others each day, and thus we ought to be as generous so as to let Christ into others' lives as well. After all, He has no hands but ours to work through.

     Part of the comfort I feel is in the knowledge that wherever I go, the Lord has gone before me to prepare me for me a safe harbor. Whenever I get anxious about what lies before me, I am reassured by the words of Saint Paul: I can do all things in Him who strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)

     As I pray for all who read this, please keep me in your prayers during this semester. I will try to be faithful in updating this blog a few times a way, as my schedule permits.

¡Dios te bendiga!

No comments:

Post a Comment