Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Costa Rica: The Final Weeks

     With only two-and-a-half weeks left in Costa Rica, I'm am simultaneously growing more nostalgic and anxious with each passing day. I am certainly looking forward to see family, friends and familiar sights. Yet that excitement comes with a tinge of sadness that I will be saying goodbye to a great group of classmates and a wonderful host family that has made me feel so welcome in their lives the past. While I would love to stay a bit longer, part of life is change and I feel it is a good time to pack up and move on to new adventures and what ought to be an awesome semester back in Washington this spring!

      Part of my motivation in studying abroad was I wanted some personal time to better understand what I am looking for in life and where I need to work to become a better person. I wanted a few months out of the busyness that Washington demands and away for the hectic nature that family life sometimes brings. Costa Rica afforded me a perfect opportunity for such a journey. I came here not knowing a soul. The scholastic workload has been entirely manageable, affording me ample time to read, travel and pray. The personal development I've undergone since arriving three months ago today is largely ineffable, but it is suffice to say I am very pleased with my decision to come here and am certain that I will look back fondly on this experience for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment