Friday, May 18, 2012

Thank You!

     It's been one month since I began this blog, and the response to it has been amazing! The twenty blog posts have been read by people in over a dozen countries...the only continent it hasn't touched yet is Africa (and Antarctica- but I hear penguins and polar bears aren't the most open-minded animals).

     The comments and support of family and friends has been most encouraging. It is hard to describe how rewarding it is to get an e-mail or a text from someone I have not heard from in a couple years saying they read one the my posts and it made them think about their own relationship with the Lord. A lot of people have thanked me, but it is not I they should be thanking, for I am just acting as an intermediary. As Saint Paul writes:
For if I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! For if I do this of my own will, I have a reward; but if not of my own will, I am entrusted with a commission. What then is my reward? Just this: that in my preaching I may make the gospel free of charge, not making full use of my right in the gospel. For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, that I might win the more. (1Cor 9:16-19)
     The topics we've talked about so far have been broad and varied. Some, such as last week's post on marriage have received some criticism and accusations of my character that saddens me. Yet, the negativity pales in comparison to the positive reception the blog has received, and I thank God for that tremendous gift!

     This weekend, I will be moving back to Buffalo, NY for the summer. Expect new posts to begin again next week. Until then, I encourage you all to take a look back through any posts you've missed the past month and comment on any that strike you. Comments are the most concrete way to let me know how the blog is doing, so anything you have to share is appreciated. I also am open to topic suggestions if there is something you really want to se written about. My e-mail is mchenryj@gwmail.gwu.edu. I can't promise I'll use your topic, but I will try my best!

     Until later, God Bless!

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment